I was keen to get back to check the DSLR camera trap. I had made some minor adjustments to it last week after a fairly successful first attempt at photographing the kingfishers. This time, I placed some moss on top of the perch and moved the sensor a little to try to lessen the number of false triggers I got.
I could see, from the wired camera, that both male and female had been visiting pretty regularly…
When I got to the sensor, I could see a spider had built a web across it…. not a good sign! The batteries were flat in both the sensor and the camera. Lots of false trigger caused by the web, but a few nice captures..
This project is still in its infancy and I have lots of plans!
The otters visited twice in the last week… good to know they are still coming regularly. This camera will only remain in this spot a month or so longer, as the river levels just become too volatile then. I will probably move it up higher to the new sett, if that remains in place.
Plans are already in place to upgrade the camera set-up in the tawny box after we had success earlier in the year. We have been hearing them around a lot recently, then this week, we captured them on both the kingfisher post and inside the box.
I am confident that they will return to breed and I aim to have two cameras inside the nest box and one outside. I better get a move on and sort it out!